Whether the fabric selection is correct or not is very important for the effect of the finished product. Therefore, it is necessary to decide what type of fabric to use according to different design styles and uses. Today, I will give you a brief introduction of spandex fabric.
A. What is Spandex Fabric？
Spandex is the abbreviation of polyurethane fiber, which is a kind of elastic fiber. It has high elasticity and can stretch 6-7 times, but it can quickly return to its original state with the disappearance of tension, Its molecular structure is a chain like, soft and extensible polycarboxylate, which enhances its properties by connecting with hard segments.
Spandex fabric is widely used in many fields, most of which are used in the garment which can be stretched to meet the requirements of comfort. Such as: professional sportswear, underwear, fitness clothing and exercise clothing, basketball clothing, suspenders, jeans, casual pants, tights, jumpsuits, spandex bodysuits, qualitative clothing, etc.
B. Characteristics of Spandex Fabric.
- The elasticity of spandex is very high. General products do not use 100% polyurethane (spandex), and most of them mix 5 ~ 30% in the fabric. All kinds of spandex fabrics have 15% ~ 45% comfort elasticity.
- Spandex fabric is often made of composite yarn, that is, spandex is used as the core, and other fibers (such as nylon, polyester, etc.) are used as the cortex to make core spun yarn elastic fabric. It has good adaptability to the body, and is very suitable for making tights without pressure.
- The appearance style and wearability of spandex elastic fabric are close to those of the same kind of fabric covered with outer fiber.
C. Advantages of Spandex.
- It has the characteristics of wide extension, good shape retention and no wrinkling.
- Soft and smooth, good elasticity, comfortable to wear, fit well.
- Acid and alkali resistance, wear resistance, aging resistance.
- It has good dyeability and not easy to fade.
D. Disadvantages of Spandex.
- Poor moisture absorption.
- Spandex is usually not used alone, but blended with other fabrics.
- Poor heat resistance.
Today’s introduction of spandex fabric ends here. If you want to know what kind of fabric information you can email us, thank you!